beaver machines

Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: internet

beaver machines

Post by craig12 »

after a bit of a nightmare with my northwestern machines and spare parts availability , im looking at beaver machines , can I ask are secondhand machines ok to be sited , I know tihs crazy world is the best of everything and pristine this and that , so do the public buy from secondhand vending sweet dispensers ? and can anyone tell me please are the 6 head stations a good idea or are you better off with three sites on a 2 head machine , thank you
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: beaver machines

Post by Style »

2nd hand are fine, ive got around 300 sited machines and with the ones that have been stolen/broken/worn out etc ive probably gone through around 500. Ive only ever bought one brand new. which machine depends on the site, Beavers arent the best money earners though.

Andy
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

That is a very high attrition rate Andy. Do the punters think that they are buying your machine for a £? :shock:
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Lol, maybe not quite that many but I have been going 11 years.
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by craig12 »

Style wrote:2nd hand are fine, ive got around 300 sited machines and with the ones that have been stolen/broken/worn out etc ive probably gone through around 500. Ive only ever bought one brand new. which machine depends on the site, Beavers arent the best money earners though.

Andy
what would you advise to vend for more profits ? thanks
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

The problem with Beavers is what you are vending is selling at 20p or maybe 50p if you are in an affluent area. Your % margin is OK but you have to have an awful lot of 20p's to make a living or decent profit. You are going to be making 8-10p per vend. Towers for example your vend price is £1, after product cost and commission you can still make 40p per vend.
I vend from mainly towers and toy machines. I do have a few Beavers but they are as an add on in a site I will be visiting anyway.
Hope that helps
Andy
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by craig12 »

Style wrote:The problem with Beavers is what you are vending is selling at 20p or maybe 50p if you are in an affluent area. Your % margin is OK but you have to have an awful lot of 20p's to make a living or decent profit. You are going to be making 8-10p per vend. Towers for example your vend price is £1, after product cost and commission you can still make 40p per vend.
I vend from mainly towers and toy machines. I do have a few Beavers but they are as an add on in a site I will be visiting anyway.
Hope that helps
Andy
sorry to push the point , do you mean vend tubz vending or hurrleys , or used mavhines or other lines that are £1 lines , I did see a chupa chups lolly machine which looked different , but I dare say were back to 20p/50p ,
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by craig12 »

or do you mean cans pop/snacks in a much larger machine
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Yep Hurleys or tubz vending pots, the both vend from the same machines. You can pick the machines up 2nd hand for £50-£70 each. Also lots of toy machines out there that vend at £1, (ive got some if you are looking to buy) they tend to be more expensive £150 plus but if you can find a good site for one you can make great money.

Chilled electronic machines are a different animal, i dont touch them because I cant fix them. Others will tell you more but the % profit again on them is lower though that may be compensated by higher sales.

Andy