Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Pringles vend price

Post by Style »

Has anyone tried vending Pringles at more than £1. I picked up a play barn today and the owner was talking about a higher price. I know the mechs are available just worried about people having to have two coins, say I went £1.50. Am I going to sell any?

Thanks

Andy
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Re: Pringles vend price

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Andy

I don't have any experience of this, but my gut reaction is you will lower sales, finding a pound in a parents pocket is quite easy, finding one and a fifty p is a lot less likely, but then I said pocket so Im thinking like a dad, most women have a load of change in their purse, so who knows, guess it depends on who the kid is demanding the money from. But to be honest £1 for the Pringles pot is already way over what it would cost in a supermarket, Sainsburys charge 80p as part of a meal deal which is really expensive considering they also sell a big tube for just over a £, but then at Pound Stretcher they are 45p although usually labelled with a 69p selling price.

Another option perhaps is the electronic Pringles machines, there are a couple on eBay at the moment, they require power, but may give you more flexibility on pricing, they probably also hold a lot more stock. If you go that route, let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Richard
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I get what you are saying in having the right change Richard but not price. We aren't competing with poundstretcher. Poundstretcher also sell 6 bags of walkers for £1 where as a pub will sell one for 80p. EasyJet charge £2 for a pot of Pringles, they sell loads. I'm not so worried about the price more about having the right two coins.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Andy,

Easy for me to answer, Scotland is not ready to start paying with two coins for anything. My sales are good at a pound as one coin keeps it simple.
Besides, I am done with changing mechanisms for some time. Had enough with the new pound coin.

Richard has a fair point with the electronic machines as it might be easier to change to the two coin payment.

Cheers,
Pablo
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

Style wrote:I get what you are saying in having the right change Richard but not price. We aren't competing with poundstretcher. Poundstretcher also sell 6 bags of walkers for £1 where as a pub will sell one for 80p. EasyJet charge £2 for a pot of Pringles, they sell loads. I'm not so worried about the price more about having the right two coins.

Hi Andy, sure I know we are in a different market place, and can get away with more but my point really was finding two exact coins in a pocket or purse is less likely and potentially reduces sales, and thus the electronic machines which take multiple coins and possibly give change may be the way forward as long as someone covers the electric.

Cheers

Richard
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

also sites know nothing lol, if i listened to all my sites i would now be supplying gluten free chocolate, diabetic sweets and apparently i should consider doing jelly beans, liqourice allsorts and minstrels
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

If there is any place to start charging more than a £1 it's play barns, shopping centres, holiday parks etc. Give it a try?

Pete