Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Plastic

Post by radical.richard »

Had a really good site today ask me to take the tower away as they don't want to be responsible for single use plastic waste.

I know it's been raised on the forum before, but it looks like the number of programs on TV about excess plastic is now starting to influence people, hopefully this will not be first of many.

Any others had anything similar and any ideas about how to counter this sort of thing. I do offer to take back used containers, but only a couple of sites actually do this.

Cheers

Richard
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Plastic

Post by OscarHarris »

Hi,

I have taken my response to these situations from another local operators playbook. When challenged about removing a tower over the plastic pot issue his response (and now mine) goes something like this:

"I'm really glad you've mentioned this, it's an issue that's concerned me for a long time too. Therefore I've spent a lot of time and effort to ensure that every single one of the pots in my machines are 100% recyclable. So they can simply be dropped in your recyclable waste along with ALL of your other plastics and glass etc".

He has even had some nice looking 'recycle or reuse your pot' stickers made for the machines. Something else I've "borrowed" from him :shh:

There's not to much come back from this from the site owner, dropping the pots in their recycle bin is as easy as putting them in the rubbish. Something they also have to do with all of there other single use plastics.

After this you can always mention how all of the crisp packets they go though can't be recycled. But there is usually no need for this. :silent:

Jay
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Re: Plastic

Post by radical.richard »

Jay

Thanks great input and very helpful.

Was in an aquarium fish centre at the weekend and they had an M81, vending pellet food for people to feed the coy carp, and a bin under it which was quite full with ex tubz vending containers, great recycling, and great money spinner for them at £1 a time for a few pellets.

Cheers

Richard