Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Site Finding3 - Newbies

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Newbies,
Welcome to the world of vending. At some point you will no doubt require some help with site Finding, this comes at a price, which is fair however, I want to put you in the driving seat/have a little control of how you operate. How?

Just follow this few instructions when you use a site finder, ask the questions!

1. Does the site have any other towers of any description.
2. Are you likely to site another tower from another operator on this site in the next 12 months?
3. Are they expecting a tower from me and not a small box!
4. Do they have enough room for my tower!
5. Have you informed the site that the tower is only there for one month as a trial and if you do not like it, it will be removed!
6. Has the person who has authorised the tower the authority to do so!

All of the above might sound a litter harsh, even drastic however, everyone on this site has at some point been subjected to several of the above for example:

A.
Site finder is instructed to find 5/10/20 sites.
B.
Operator delivers to all sites and ends up only sighting 1/2/3 etc. Of course some on here will say, never had any trouble with site Finding as a protective stance. Indeed, I myself have sighted 5/10/15 in one go. But many, many times I have also loaded van with 5/10/15 and only sighted 1/2/3 so brought virtually the entire consignment back. Buyer beware!

Newbies, take control of what you do and ask the right questions for your investment first!
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Re: Site Finding3 - Newbies

Post by JavaGreen »

Personally, if the answers to 1 to six is not in your favour, I would decline that particular site as you would be wasting your time and money.

Take control, otherwise you will be one of the many that has to sell your small business to someone else for a fraction of what it cost you because, your business becomes unviable.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

This post still rings true. Save yourself time and money, if questions 1 to 6 are not in your favour you should be asking yourself why?

[repost, due to several pm's]
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Good points there, but not always realistically achievable. I would be prepared to take a few risks with site finding and would take a months trial from a good potential site.

If you want better results then you will have to work in collaboration with your site finder. Foot canvas, collect details from every site, leave a flyer (you never know they may call you). Make a hit list from directories and ask the site finder to make a separate DB for your area. Instruct your site finder to offer an incentive (which you must fulfil). keep adding to this list and revisit/phone every six months.

Site finders need to get paid for the work they do. People get fed up when being asked for too much information by a canvasser and want to get them off the line as quickly as possible, no matter how skilful they are. In an instant they have to assess how far they can push their luck. Ask for too much rom site finding then the task becomes uneconomic. Most people would be prepared to pay more for better quality sites but that's not realistically possible for the reasons above.

At the end of the day it's your business and you must take ownership of it's development. Don't just sit back and expect sites to fall into your lap. This proactive approach has worked for me.

Pete
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

My post was in relation to getting several pm's and indeed due to the doubling up of sites by sitefinders. Been in this business for five years now and have paid sitefinders buckets of cash. Wasted loads of fuel in turning up to sites provided by sitefinders that did not want a machine/or did not have authority to accept machine/or was expecting a small box.

For newbies they should/it is essential they ask some of the following:

Just follow this few instructions when you use a site finder, ask the questions!

1. Does the site have any other towers of any description.
2. Are you likely to site another tower from another operator on this site in the next 12 months?
3. Are they expecting a tower from me and not a small box!
4. Do they have enough room for my tower!
5. Have you informed the site that the tower is only there for one month as a trial and if you do not like it, it will be removed!
6. Has the person who has authorised the tower the authority to do so!

All of the above might sound a little harsh, even drastic however, everyone on this site has at some point been subjected to several of the above for example:

They are just branching out and cannot afford to pay for dud sites/wasted time etc.

Look at how many have read the posts/they value the information.

Newbies, stand up and look after your interests.

The best sitefinder I have ever had is 'my wife', she is awesome. This month she will site about twenty. Enough said.
Halas
Area Covered: Lancashire
Referred by?: Internet

Post by Halas »

Thats a very good post, very informative, im quite new and always looking for advice like this. Cheers guys....