Site Finding2 - Warning! Warning! Warning!

Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Site Finding2 - Warning! Warning! Warning!

Post by Snackmore »

Not acceptable and dilutes sales. No excuses, that’s poor
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I would only site next to a tower if its was a tubz vending one with tubz vending acting as the operator. Why? Because I know they have done it to me several times.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Well done Steve, great response.

Not so for Richard who appears (on the strength of his post) to take attitude, I have paid for site so it’s going in!

Richard, if a machine is in situ, do not site and get site finder to find you a replacement. There is plenty of business for everyone and dare I say it, bargains to be had.

This morning I handed over £1200 and received:

6 x Pringles machines - still boxed/unused/new
3 x 108s unused/new
1 x Pringles slightly used
3 x sweet towers slightly used
1 x Tomy Gatcha slightly used
3 x Chupa discarpa boxed new
2 x Chupa discarpa slightly used
3 x stands metal for discarpa virtually new
10 x plastic ribbed stands new
3 x metal stands unused

And I believe there is another 3 boxes of stuff or other!

All in all, a good haul - hate to think how much that bundle would have cost me new however with vat I would think about 4K

Therefore, Richard we do not have to go about ripping each other off and taking sites/doubling up we need to be ethical and think outside the box. If you are unsure, use the qualifying questions 1 to 6 on the Sitefinding3 post and you will not go wrong.

And before anyone says I have ripped the guy off for the above haul, not at all, he only wanted £1200
Cheers
Pablo
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

WOW, thats cheap!
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

[quote="JavaGreen"]Well done Steve, great response.

Not so for Richard who appears (on the strength of his post) to take attitude, I have paid for site so it’s going in!

Richard, if a machine is in situ, do not site and get site finder to find you a replacement. There is plenty of business for everyone and dare I say it, bargains to be had.

<Snip>
Therefore, Richard we do not have to go about ripping each other off and taking sites/doubling up we need to be ethical and think outside the box. If you are unsure, use the qualifying questions 1 to 6 on the Sitefinding3 post and you will not go wrong.

quote]

Hi Pablo and others, thanks for the advice,

As those of you on here who have met me personally will know I'm not really a cowboy :shifty: and as you will see if you read my original post, the site owner actually asked me to site, in spite of the existing tower as he wanted to support the charity, and the other tower is on commission. The Yee Ha was a bit of a windup as you were all so serious ;)

But I do also agree on SiteFinding3 questions as I am certain we all do, its not cricket. Especially the cardboard 'Honesty Boxes' I have had so many conversations with site owners about their bad experiences with these and how much better the towers are as the customer has to pay so the site owner isn't embarrassed into stumping up the difference when the box is collected.

R
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

So we go into a site today and what do we find..........?

Not 1 Pringles but 2 Pringles and neither has any indication as to whom they belong to, a little bit like the previous machines perhaps.

We shall be conversing with the Manager tomorrow to get some information.

So we seem to be having a trend at the moment!

What to do?

I guess we shall fight fire with fire. We are going to target that particular area with deals that the outlets cannot refuse, if need be whomever is silly enough to go down the route that they are going down, we shall double/triple up and that particular operator will lose sales as we intend to target their sites to see how they like it.

We have several hundred sites and have previously asked all of our sites that only have sweet machines if they would like additional machines. We are in the process of doing this exercise again.

All of our machines have contact details on them, the person we are up against does not. Why is that, are they trying to hide something?
We pay a lot of money for an accountant to process our accounts to HMRC, we are wondering if this mysterious operator is doing the same. We will find out his/her details very soon!

We did not start this but we will finish it!
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Post by OscarHarris »

Sounds like a new soap opera...Eastvenders :lol:

Regular updates please :thumbup:

And an omnibus on a Sunday :D
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Hey Jaybird,

I value your posts, you have been a member for 7 years+ and posted 76 times, I guess you are as useful as your comments to all the readers that frequent the site. So unless you have something constructive to say go and shove some towers up your back passage. Many have read the posts and are in agreement that we can do without the sort that does what I have posted. Would not surprise me one iota if you are in the same class. Idiot!
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

Hi pablo
This is starting to sound like some scu_ _ _ g is targeting your sites.
Hope you find the culprit soon.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Joe,
We are on to this tomorrow, as they say ‘What comes around, goes around’ (I think that is the saying), we will not lose out. Cannot say that to the operator when we get the name soon. We intend to target everyone of their sites in a blitz next week or after. We do not mind even running at a loss, they will not be smiling. Might even be tearful, but not for us!