Site Finding2 - Warning! Warning! Warning!

Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Site Finding2 - Warning! Warning! Warning!

Post by Style »

Hi Pablo, tubz vending will remove a machine for you not because you are a big customer but because you are a customer of theirs. Im not a customer and when they have doubled up on me Ive asked them to remove and they have refused. Thats why they wont get my business. I guess it works for them, I buy 90 boxes every 6/8 weeks.

I have grown more relaxed about it the longer ive been in the business. I have also lost interest in sweet towers, partly because of this, but also too many jams, free vending, getting kicked out of sites, sweets going out of date etc. I think ive only sited 3 towers in the last 6 months and thats when Ive been asked for them. Ive been focusing on growing toy sales, more profitable, better availability of decent sites and less problems.

I have a slightly different view to site finders getting towers in and thats is the fact that the good sites are all taken or harder to get so what you end up with is 3rd or 4th rate sites. (certainly in my patch) I dont really want these and Im not convinced its cost effective paying for them so we tend to stick to doing our own site finding. It doesn't mean I will never use a site finder again but we have had a lot of success toy sighting recently ourselves so sticking to that for now.

Regards

Andy
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Andy,

We tend to have sorted the stock dates by using rotation however, it was a problem for us about 18 mths ago. Sorry to hear you are moving on from sweets however, you just might be ahead of the game especially with sugar tax on the horizon. It will happen. So perhaps the toys is the way to go.

Cheers
Pablo
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Joe,

I do indeed have three emails from the site finder however, I have resolved the need to send these to anyone by producing the sitefinder 3 post.
Use the 6 questions that have been posted and you will not go wrong.

I achieved my objective and that was to communicate and inform. I believe the posts do just that. If a newbie gets used to putting towers next to existing towers they will think that is normal and do it all the time. I have no problem with anything as long as I know the rules in advance.
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

Hi pablo
Glad to hear its all resolved now.
Good luck and keep posting.
Joe
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Guys, just to put my oar in here, I do also have issues with my site finder, but mostly it works out, I have on a couple of occasions when I turned up to install a sweet tower and been told 'oh we already have one of those' this in in spite of the site finder claiming to have fully qualified the site.

I did manage to get one in a snooker club in on a charity deal along with the existing tower as it was on commission and the owner liked the idea of supporting a charity. Sorry if its one of yours, but I do have to earn the £25 site finding fee back where I can.

Another site the tower at N&C had been abandoned and not serviced for over two years, when I turned up they were happy, but now I know why it was abandoned as the sales are less than one a month. If anyone knows who the tower belongs to let me know otherwise I will recycle it.

Basically its the wild west out there from what I can see.

Yee Ha

Richard
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Central2vend »

You could have told the site finder that the site already had a machine and you would require another site. Putting a second machine on a site is just pointless.
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Yes would have done normally but its a pool hall better return than most of my site finders sites even when split with the commission tower which is'nt as well serviced as my tower ;-)
Last edited by radical.richard on September 29th, 2018, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Central2vend »

Come on , learn some ethics.
Its just not acceptable .
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

I do agree with you, I was apprehensive and annoyed to be put on the back foot by the site finder, but as the owner took a shine to the idea of supporting a charity I went ahead.
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Obviously normally I wouldn't have done so and would be really annoyed if someone did the same to me, but really site finders need to do their job properly to avoid putting us in this situation, when your have paid £25 for a site you just cant walk away from it.