DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

coin counter

Post by DT Vending »

Any members care to share recommendations of Coin counters that they use on the vending rounds ? I have one back in the office but as our sites are on direct commission really want to speed up the process.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: coin counter

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Darren

Check out the Belita hand held coin counter. It works manually using a hand crank. We used to have one and it lasted for decades and we carried it around in our early days of vending when we cashed up machines on site. You have to sort the coins first, which is no effort as you are either dealing in £1 coins or 20p coins. You set the thickness and width of coin, then you set how many you want to count, ie 20 for £1 coins etc. You will need the plastic money bags. Works the same way as the one you have in your office, but smaller and it’s manual and can be used electronically if there is a power supply handy. The little coin counter has a lid that flips open and this acts as your sorter before the coins go into the drum for counting. Circa £500.

Hope this helps.

Barbara
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

Post by DT Vending »

Thanks Barbara, I have been told that the safescan machines are pretty good.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I carry a small set of scales with me, costs £20, fits into the palm of my hand and stored in an inside jacket pocket. Firstly pull out foreign/other coins, I pour the coins into money bags and weigh £10 20p 250gm, £10 50p, £20 £1 176gm. The scales weigh upto 500gm, accurate to .1gm. You can tell if other coins have been mixed in by the slight descrepency in weight e.g. £19 new £ coins & £1 old coin £20 in total will weigh 177gm.

I've been doing this so long now that often I pour nearly exact weight every time. I always bag everything up on site, easy for commission. Although it's a manual system, It's the quickest and most convienient method I know of.

Incidentally I now bank with Metro bank and unbag the coins and pour them into their coin counting machine. I bank exactly £1,200 at a time.(£1000 + VAT). Easy to calculate my sales figures, just count the 1200s at the end of the year.

Pete