Profit

Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
JimBoB1975
Referred by?: Google search

Profit

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Hi,

I am independent and pretty new to vending started end of November 2017 I have 30 sited Sweet Towers and another 17 going in sites so a total of 47 by end of April.

So my question is how long did it take you to actually make a profit, based on my Calculations/Assumptions/Guess Work and what else I can use I think mine will be around a year and half

Cheers

James :wave:
Last edited by JimBoB1975 on March 28th, 2018, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Re: Profit

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

James, read my 'start up costs' post in the forum, it still stands however, costs of tubz vending has increased since I typed it up. It all depends on the quality of sites. Since I produced that listing my tower estate has gone up from 100 towers to several hundred so I guess I have always been paying catch-up to offset costs of towers etc. Six months to a year is a safe bet however, if you factor in cost of van to undertake the business and other expenses it will be longer.
Cheers
Pablo
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by Tufty »

Hi James, the start up costs post from Pablo is really fantastic. Includes a lot of things I would never even have thought of and provides a realistic idea of profits.

How are you finding your first few months? You have done really well to get all those machines sited so quickly.

I started around the same time as you but hace not been anywhere near as successful! Lol

Have you found you have had to resite any?
I have relocated a couple that were literally doing a couple of sales a month!

Glad it’s going well for you,I think the winter is meant to be a quieter period for this industry too so hopefully your sakes in spring will be even better :)
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I generally expect a site to pay for itself in 8 months average. So if I bought and sited 47 towers Id expect to break even in 8 months. This would include all the stock in the towers, it wouldnt include the stock I was holding at home.
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Thanks all

Pablo I have read start up costs while back will read again thanks

Thanks Tufty It has been difficult working a long hours full time office job.

Yeah I have moved some myself, two of my best is two I got but Barbara has got me some good ones as well.

My method is I use Barbara to get a site for me if that site turns out to be poor I attempt to move myself my method isn't traditional method.

I drive round my local towns on Google Maps so sat on my pc and find all the local businesses and use google search looking for pubs, social clubs, Barbers (I like Barbers) etc etc etc and contact them through Facebook messenger with set message and pictures it has got me some goods ones not many but some good ones, but saying that I do need to move some more.

Yeah Christmas was Rubbish then January a bit better and February quite decent.

Andy thanks for Towers got 12 ready with new clenport coin plates no grinding, one clenport needs little grind and the Four Chinese they all catch so need grinding so ordered the dremel type tools and bits you recommended probably cut me ******* finger off haha 4 off to sites on Friday thanks to Barbara.

Yeah Andy that would be great 8 months I think some of machines in there locations could do that but not all, need to be more proactive in moving them but time is difficult with work/family and three year old.

So I'm predicting overall for all my machines at moment 1 and half years to make a profit, but aiming to approve the averages.

Cheers

James
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by Tufty »

Brilliant James!

The google maps idea is fantastic,I'm definitely going to give that a try.
I had tried the Facebook messenger but had no luck.
I'm liking the barbers shops too,I put one in a big barbers and he said he owned a chain so if it did well he would put them in every shop,sadly first month only did £20 or so,I give him 20% but for £4 he said it wasn't worth his while. I have one that is doing about £50 or so though and across the road from another site so it's been good.

Hopefully March sales will be great for you and then it will just keep building.
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Thanks yeah hopefully March will be good find out next week as on mini holiday for Easter, in our static caravan.

Mine are all on charity Starlight apart from one tattoo shop. Thanks to Barbara and myself trying to move some as I only offer Charity, may alter to offer both to see get more bites when needing to resite.

Hopefully you have a good March

Cheers
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Hi James,
I like the sound of your social media approach. I wouldn't have thought that would have worked. What exactly do you do and do you use a business pag. Do you just message people? Commission or charity? Really interested to hear.

Cheers

Andy
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

I basically didn’t have the time to attempt to contact businesses in day time, so I started emailing them in a evening getting email address of websites and Facebook pages, then thought better to use Facebook messenger only as you can see some one as looked at the message from the notification system on Facebook messenger.

I use a set messsge so a quick copy and paste of your message and I offer Charity only at the moment and inlclude a picture of tower on a stand with man next it demonstrate size of it, charity poster pics and others for the charity and pics of pots sweets, you can use your suppliers pictures for the products.

I find the business from google search or my favourite driving around on google maps in areas not visited

I don’t think this method is great for getting many sites but a few is possible

Thanks