DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

websites

Post by DT Vending »

Currently operating mechanical vending machines and not really interested in the big electronic machines. I am just looking for general thoughts please on the subject of websites !!!
I am considering a website for my vending business just not sure how much to invest in one ! I am not expecting many leads from it as i don't expect sites to go looking for operators this way although i maybe wrong !
I am mainly looking to have a website to showcase the machines that I am able offer and as a point of reference for customers to go and have a look at. Are there any other mechanical vending machine operators out there that have a website solely for this purpose ?
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Re: websites

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

This topic has recently been covered, use the search engine facility for the answers you seek.
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Thanks Pablo, I have used the search facility prior to my post but it seems to bring up every word ofwebsite / websites ! Is there any way of filtering this ?
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

You need to speak to Steve at Snackmore. The general consensus seems to be that websites although informative do little to increase sales, business and have a negative aspect by letting competitors known what you have and do etc. I was considering one until Steve replied to a post I made on the subject not so long back. I decided against a website for now, will review later in the year.

Steve will pick up this post and will offer you good advice.

Cheers
Pablo
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

thanks for the update pablo much appreciated.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I set one up when we first started but stopped it pretty fast. Now I just have some photos on an IPAD for site finding.
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Yep Iv got the pics on an IPAD this tends to work well for siting the machines. I am just looking at a basic website as I am planning to attend a local trade show and think it would look a lot better on business cards and brochures etc.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Darren

Although I do agree with comments above, I am more for letting people know who and what you do especially if you are attending trade shows, then it's a must.

I am from a different mind set whereby I don't fear the competition or mind if they can see what I am up to. It's good to have competition out there as it puts a candle up your bum to keep moving and staying ahead. There will always be those who 'copy' what you do or try and make statements that outperform yours, that's life and goes on each and every day of the week. He who shouts loudest gets noticed, but also remember it's about service and ensuring that your customers have confidence in you. Also don't you think having your own website will 'scare' the competition? If they are just starting out in vending and they come across your website .... think of what that does to their morale .... oh bugger, someone is already doing it! It can work very much in your favour.

The website is there for new potential customers to have a look at and to decide if you are the kind of company that they want to deal with. It's also handy for the odd customer who wants to know a little more about you and who may want to check you out. It's better to have something out there rather than nothing.

If you look at our JBC website. It's been the same for decades now and I have no intention of updating it. For those who want to get in touch they do and I do get a lot of emails almost daily from companies/individuals asking various stuff and I am sure without the website more questions will be asked and where there is an element of doubt they could very well lose trust in you, the machine and ask for it's removal giving a lame excuse.

I hope the above helps and good luck with the website.

Kind regards,

Barbara
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Hi Darren,

Another reason people do not have websites is because this site is trawled by the taxman, so make sure you are doing everything by the book. I have no problems whatsoever with competition I also encourage it. Having several hundred machines means that I am not afraid of competition still, you pays your money you takes your chance. Like I said earlier, speak to the people in the know such as Steve and Matt. I think one of them got one response of a new customer when they created a website. Websites are good if you are a professional vender i.e. Have many hundreds and offer a wide variety of venders such as what you are doing and electronic venders. You need to weigh up the cost of getting the website, if you do, put a counter on it to see how many visits you get.

Good luck with you venture.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Additionally, as I understand, this forum has over 800 members!

And how many do you think have websites?

I'd wager a lot less than 10%, so what does that tell you?

If you are that intent on advertising, surely it would be better using Facebook! Only a suggestion as I do not use it.