Websites

Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Websites

Post by PabloV8 »

I see that several people have websites - I can understand that especially if they are a big operator.

I regard myself as a medium operator with over 200 sites and my questions are:

1. Do small operators benefit from having a website?
2. Has anyone actually had many requests to supply towers via their respective website?
3. Have also seen several offers of towers on ebay! does that actually work?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers

Pablo
Lynda at skavend
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Machines Used: Tower vend, sweet dispensers, ball dispensers
Referred by?: internet

Re: Websites

Post by Lynda at skavend »

neither method has brought us any business
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Thanks for your input it is most appreciated :wave:

Can see that many have looked at the post but they have not replied.

A competitor has recently put out a website and it kinda put me in a panic mode however, when stepping back from the brink, I thought how many people would actually look up our line of business and order a tower hence my query. Not saying that people do not order towers from websites, just wondered if it happened.

Why?

Well I can create a website, but it would be just a box standard website like my competitor. To get a professional website will cost £500 to £800 so was really wondering if the layout for a professional site would bring the returns to justify the means.

Think your reply answers my question so thanks.

Pablo
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

my website cost £300 but not got me any buisness, but does look proffesional when i hand buisness cards out with it on

Ade
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I tried the ebay thing. "99p and you get a tower on loan with commission." Some idiot in Leicester paid me 99p for 1 then got complained to ebay because he thought he was buying a tower for his front room. I offered his 99p back he complained to ebay. Really not worth the hassle.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Pablo

Having a website is good IF people are looking for you or trying to find the service that they require, if not then there is little advantage to having one, IMHO. It's nice to have if running commission based vendors as it adds professionalism to your business and confidence to your customers, so there are reasons for and against.

We have the charity website which is a back-up for the JBC supporters and for customers and we do get several requests for towers to support charities in their companies which are passed on but I wouldn't say we get lots.

You may get a customer trying to contact a vending operator if they don't have their contact details on the vendor and they usually get in touch with the first person whose machine matches the description and they have the hassle of finding out who operates that site.

Regards,

Barbara
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Post by newmark »

Another thing to consider with a website, is that you could spend time and effort getting some good pictures on their showing your machines on site, explanation of what you offer etc, and someone else will just grab them and use them in their own (printed) material. So, as well as not getting any more customers, you may inadvertently help your competitors to get some!

I know from experience that trying to "google" pictures of towers on site is tough (you only seem to find pics of towers for sale on eBay, or empty towers in peoples garage), so I always take a basic camera with me now so I can take some pics of my machines, if the opportunity arrises.

Or maybe I'm being too cynical ;)
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Thanks for your input guys - as always most appreciated :thumbup:

I think at some point I just might create my own website and bin the idea of a professional website as the outlay cannot be justified especially against your comments. So thanks for that.

Cheers

Pablo
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Style wrote:I tried the ebay thing. "99p and you get a tower on loan with commission." Some idiot in Leicester paid me 99p for 1 then got complained to ebay because he thought he was buying a tower for his front room. I offered his 99p back he complained to ebay. Really not worth the hassle.
Andy

I just thought at 99p it was a bargain......................... Sorry :rofl: :rofl:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

As other say it looks more professional as do decent stickers on towers (one of my real gripes!)

I have picked up some sites for large machines but the only enquiries I get for towers seem to be everywhere other than my area.
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk